3.2 CHOICE OF THE INDICATOR RATIO
- Set the control spindle to the initial or referring position.
- Count the number of turns of the control spindle to cover the entire setting range.
- The result of this operation is the ratio. Should it not correspond to a standard ratio, choose the next highest one.
- For an optimal dial reading, and therefore for a more precisereading, we recommend to choose a ratio which is as near as possible to the handwheel turns required to cover the entire setting range. For instance, if 11 turns are required, the ratio 12:1 is the most convenient, because 11/12 of the available graduation will be used. If 24:1 ratio would be chosen, only 11/24 of the graduation would be used and reading would be less accurate.
- Indicators with standard ratios are normally on stock to suit most requirements.