DD51 (inch sizes) Digital position indicators
direct drive, 4-digit counter, technopolymer
Base and case
High-resistance polyamide based (PA) technopolymer.
Case in the following colours:
- C2: RAL 2004 orange, glossy finish.
- C3: RAL 7035 grey, glossy finish.
- C1: RAL 7021 grey-black, glossy finish.
The ultrasonically welding between the base and the case prevents separation and avoids dust penetration.
Transparent polyamide based (PA-T) technopolymer, moulded over the case and with a perfect seal (avoid contact with alcohol during cleaning operations).
It indicates the displacement of the mechanism controlled by the spindle from the start position (0).
Four-digit roller counter (three black rolls and one red roll or two black rolls and two red rolls). The digits of red rolls show the decimal values. An additional graduated scale next to the last decimal digit offers further accuracy of reading.
The display can be in different positions (see "Table of the possible combinations").
- AN: inclined display, counter in upper position.
- AR: inclined display, counter in lower position.
- FN: front display, counter in upper position.
- FR: front display, counter in lower position.
O-ring front sealing in NBR synthetic rubber, between the case and the boss.
Foam polyethylene, supplied.
Boss with DIA 0.500 (Ø 12.7 mm) standard reamed hole, fitting to shaft by means of a supplied grub screw with hexagon socket and cup end.
- DD51: black-oxide steel boss.
- DD51-SST: AISI 303 stainless steel boss.
Direction of rotation
- D: clockwise. Increasing values with clockwise rotation of the boss.
- S: anti-clockwise. Increasing values with anti-clockwise rotation of the boss.
Features and applications
Direct drive digital position indicators can be assembled on passing through spindles in any position to give direct reading of the positioning of a machine component. They are suitable also for motor driven applications (see "Table of the possible combinations").
Ergonomy and design
Compact roller counter, ergonomically designed digits for rapid reading. The readability of the counter is increased by the magnifying window.
Special executions on request
- Special readings after one revolution.
- Case in different colours.
- Completely sealed digital position indicators with IP 67 protection class, seeﾠIEC 529 tableﾠobtained by means of a brass bushing with double seal ring inside the rear cavity of the base.
LB - locking device
The DD51-LB position indicators are designed to lock the spindle on which they are mounted to avoid the risk of accidental adjustment alterations due to vibrations.To lock or unlock the spindle rotation, simply move the lever, in pos. A equivalent to unlocked spindle, in pos. B equivalent to locked spindle.Following repeated locking cycles, the special device is highly wear resistant and functions perfectly over time. To order the indicator with spindle locking add the –LB index after the code and description (e.g. CE.84101-LB DD51-AN-00.50-D-C3-LB).
- Drill a DIA 0.24 by 0.39 (Ø 6 mm by Ø 10 mm) hole in the body of the machine with a 0.87 (22 mm) centre distance from the spindle to fit the rear referring pin.
- Set the spindle to the start or referring position.
- Fit the indicator with the zeroed roller counter onto the spindle and make sure that the referring pin fit the hole.
- Clamp the boss to the spindle by tightening the grub screw with hexagon socket and cup end.
Accessories on request (to be ordered separately)
- MD51: polyamide based (PA) technopolymer fluted grip control knob.
- RB51: black-oxide steel reduction sleeves.
- RB51-SST: AISI 304 stainless steel reduction sleeves.
- BS51: glass-fibre reinforced polyamide based (PA) technopolymer spacer plate (code CE.85900).